Purgemaster from WeldingDroid
Save on welder manpower and save on welding gas with Purgemaster.
High quality of a weld is paramount. A good weld includes purging, but this can be a time consuming and expensive operations when welding pipes. Inorder to ensure that no oxidation occurs on the inside of the pipes mostly a purging with gas is made. This normally fills the pipe with gas and the pipe is continuously flushed during welding. WeldingDroid has developed a system that apply the gas where it is needed by just apply gas where the welding takes place, and that the gas inside the pipe follows the torch on the outside of the pipe. This is now impossible with WeldingDroids patented Purgemaster system.
Purgemaster features and benefits.
Ease of use.
- By means of strong magnets, the Purgemaster always follows the torch.
- Purgemaster can be slid sideways and through elbows.
- Simply slide it out when you are finished welding.
- Different size inserts can cover many available size of pipe.
- Welding gas consumption can be reduced by up to 90% depending on diameter and length of pipe.
- Avoid long flush times and uncertainty of the ppm level during the weld.
- WeldingDroid purgemaster offers a complete package ready to use for pipe applications.
One of the time consuming and expensive operations when welding pipes, is the purging. To ensure that no oxidation occurs on the inside of the pipes mostly a purging with gas is made. This fills the pipe with gas and the pipe is continuously flushed during welding. Imagine that you could just apply gas where the welding takes place, and that the gas inside the pipe follows the torch on the outside of the pipe. Sounds impossible, but it is not thanks to WeldingDroids patented Purgemaster system.
- When welding tanks (horizontal welding) Purgemaster can reduce the staff involved.
- Reduce the need for trailing and manually operated gas cup on the inside.
- For tank welding WeldingDroid has developed an armrest making the procedure not only faster, but also more comfortable for the welder.
Back gas is applied by the Purgemaster device – that follows the welding progress – and thereby reduces the consumption of Argon gas.